Monday, July 27, 2009

Well, I did have candles all along.

I found a couple of little candles under my kitchen sink way at the back yesterday. Still no hot sauce, though.

Incidentally, I've been eating a lot of cabbage lately (typically sort of stir-frying it with this lemon olive oil from the British Air flight, sometimes also with onions or whatever) and quite enjoying it, which I didn't completely expect, I'd never eaten it much before, but we have it at lunch at work sometimes and it's also quite inexpensive. (Non sequitur, I know, I'm just writing what comes to mind as new). I've also been eating rice, pasta, green beans (known here as French beans), the vegetable curry that comes in a can here (quite good, actually, over rice or pasta), beans, that sort of thing. Good, but all things that could benefit from the potent Ugandan chili sauce I've been meaning (but forgetting) to acquire, despite its relative uselessness as a light source.

I still haven't tidied up my notes regarding SEACOM. I'll have to tonight or tomorrow before I go to Mbale, though. Speaking of that, it turns out that the oddly located MTN PubliCom office that I recently discovered lurking basically just up the next road from mine is where we're leaving from on Wednesday, which is exceedingly convenient. Originally we were going to leave at 7:30 (which made the proximity particularly excellent); since then our time's moved to 11:00, which really is even better. But they've still got time to reschedule it to November or something so I won't hold my breath it'll happen at all until I'm actually there. But hey, if they cancel on me at least I won't have gone far out of my way. I really don't know what their deal is as far as scheduling this, though; it's pretty silly. And they're Grameen and MTN, for crying out loud - both big, powerful foreign institutions that ought to have it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment